EATING FOR ENERGY
Do you feel tired, sleepy, and lack energy all the time? Is low energy holding you back from living? What would you do if you had more energy?
WHAT IS ENERGY?
Energy is defined as “the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.” It’s your most valuable, renewable resource.
You can choose activities that drain your energy or build it. You can choose people who energize you or suck you dry, and you can choose foods that fuel you or leave you exhausted. When you learn what gives you energy, all areas of your life will improve.
WHAT CREATES OR DRAINS ENERGY?
We gain energy by eating nurturing foods and drinking vibrant beverages that support our physical health. Even more critical to energy is the relationships we choose to engage in, career satisfaction, physical exercise, and fulfilling spiritual practice.
TOP TIPS FOR INCREASING ENERGY
1. TAKE ONE DAY A WEEK where your only goal is to relax and recharge. Sleep all day if you want to, read books, go to the spa, get a massage, do some light and fun cooking. Keep bio-individuality in mind. The only rule is that you do things that will relax and recharge you on this day.
2. GO FOR HIGH-QUALITY FOOD. Whenever you can, choose high-quality food: organic, local grass-fed, sustainable, fair trade. These types of food are much more energizing for the body and better for the planet.
3. MAKE EVERY MEAL A RITUAL. Sit down, light some candles, breathe, and put your fork down between bites. Slowing down and making your food and the experience look and feel beautiful will greatly help your digestion and happiness. You’ll be more satisfied, and your weight will balance out naturally.
4. CREATE A MORNING ROUTINE. To set the tone for each day, take some time in the morning to breathe, meditate, do yoga, dance, journal, and/or make breakfast. There is no requirement here except simply blocking out some time to engage in activities that feel great. Pick a few things you like to do and experiment with.
5. FIND A BUDDY FOR SUPPORT. Get support from a Health Coach, a therapist, or simply a friend. Schedule dates or sessions once every two weeks to talk about yourself and process emotions with an unbiased person listening.
#eating #energy #halthyeating #energymanagement #sleepy #tired #exhuasted #happyliving #enenergize #energenic